The Wendigo Figurine

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:50 pm

"I'm sorry to interrupt but aren't we wasting time? if nothing else we could try scout out where the meeting will take place."

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:00 pm

The ferrungar's comment left Pran a bit ashamed and brushing through his hair "Oh that? I guess that seemed rather selfish, I apologize. But I saw the opportunity and didn't think it would have any bad effects on todays task.".
"That is a good idea Zan" Pran commented on the changelings idea, adding after thinking for a moment "If our target is as clever as he is made out to be, he might have his people watch the place. We should be careful as we get a look on the meetingplace."

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 am

🔨

Miloki smiles, "Let's get to the rendezvous. The terrain may suggest a more detailed plan."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:30 am

"Aye then. Off to Urglam's Row. If we're lucky, people haven't drunk themselves too rowdy yet."

~~-~~

As they reached the back alley with the surface shaft behind The Solemn Scribe on Urglam's Row, after having pushed through several gathering New Year's Eve festivity crowds in the streets, the four adventurers were surprised to run into a showdown between four ruffians in ragged black cloaks armed with spiked clubs, short swords and daggers and an apparent mage clad in purple robes with bright-burning eyes.

"We've got you cornered magus! Hand over your grimoire and trinkets or we'll gut you!"

Karbrae
Admin

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 am

In a low tone, almost like a growl, Zidulus sets his eyes on the thugs and speaks in an almost condescending tone. "I assure you, I am no mere magus." He smiles grimly as condescension turned to something akin to a threat. "And if I were you, I'd leave before I need to prove otherwise..."

Last edited by DarthLiviathan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 am

The member 'DarthLiviathan' has done the following action : Dices roll

'1d20' : 3

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 pm

"We're not afraid of you and your demonic powers, magescum! It's not the first time we've ended one of your vile and reckless ilk. Spellbinders carelessly spread chaos and corruption in their selfish pursuits all around, and who has to deal with the repercussions? Us simple folk who were wise enough not to toy with the arcane from the beginning!" The leader of the ruffians snarled balefully and spat a mixture of snot and saliva on the snow-clad cobblestones between them.

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Seeing the commotion Zan walked over to the man who seemed to do the talking. "That is quite enough, you obviously don't know the man, so leave him be. You shouldn't take out your problems on people that have not been involved with Them."

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:16 pm

The magebasher in charge, an Alberian of average built in his early fourties with thin hair, a pox-scarred face and eyes gleaming with predatory malice, turned to confront the (seemingly) female stranger who intervened. Both him and his crude comrades showed signs of immediate panic at the sight of the four calm, confident and clearly superiorly armed adventurers (all three hinting they were most likely also more capable combatants).

The man glared viciously at Zan for a moment before brandishing a fake smile and relaxing his posture. He sheathed his shortsword and his men followed suit.

"Must be your lucky day mage. Perhaps some other time! Happy New Year!"

The four ruffians then headed out of the alley towards Urglam's Row.

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Zidulus watched as the thugs began to walk away, but turning to the stranger who came to intervene. "I appreciate the help," he said in a more... accepting tone than the one he took with the ruffians. Almost as if talking to a friend. "However, I'd advise against sticking your neck out for someone you don't know... much safer that way, if you ask me." He gave a sly smirk at his own remark.

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:23 pm

" I know a thing or two about being judged for something you didn't do so I decided to intervene. I'm Zan, you?" Zan reached her hand out to the mage as she introduced herself.

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Zidulus cautiously extended his hand as well, clasping it in his own "Zidulus," he said plainly, "forgive me if I seem a tad... cynical. It's simply my nature; think nothing of it."

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 pm

On their way to the meetingplace Pran kept an eye out for people who might be following them. Any face that he saw once too often as they passed the gatherings.
When they encountered the ruffians cornering a man in the alley Pran debated mentally how the chances were that they were related to their target. Then Zan approached the ruffians and Pran covered his mouth letting out a silent curse.
Was it luck that the situation didn't escalate or was it bad that the ruffians left with a grudge? Either way they were gone and their target approached Zan."Might as well find out whose side we just took before knowing much." Pran said, giving Zan a glance as he approached before reaching out a hand to the mage too "My name is Pran. So, do you dabble in arcane stuff?"

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Zidulus smirked "I do a little more than dabble." He said almost cryptically. "Of course I do prefer the more, let's say, darker arts." His smile seemed to grow just a bit bigger and seemed a bit more devious.

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 pm

mg(150px,150px)]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/453705839253913600/455487710929354764/unknown.png[/img]
" I hope you don't mean necromancy, cause then i'm not sure I should have intervened" Zan says to the creepy mage

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Frowning slightly, Zidulus crosses his arms "No, I do not." He replied. "But I think neglecting any form of magic isn't exactly a 'smart' idea, as everything has something to offer. Why? Do you have something against it?"

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 pm

With the response from Zidulus Pran only let out a sigh. "I don't agree with what they intended, but it does seem they were not quite wrong in their assumption." did Pran mention before hearing Zan question the mage about necromancy, seemingly very opposed to it. But after a little time the gears in Prans head started turning in a particular way. Some sweat began building on his forehead as he tried to formulate his question without giving away too much, "Magister, ehm, Zidulus. I have a question. Do you know of a way to speak with someone who has passed away?".

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Zidulus turned to Pran to respond "There are many ways to commune with the dead; at least in the books I've read." He smiles to himself "May I ask why you wish to speak with the dead? And with who?"

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:07 am

The questions were likely inevitable. Still, Pran was not comfortable talking about his kings death to a stranger and so decided to not give anything away. He answered "That is a rather private matter." only realizing how obvious and awkward he sounded and added "Maybe you could tell me what books to look for, maybe tomorrow at dinner, if you have the time? We have some matters to attend to today." gesturing to his group in an attempt to change the topic.

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:48 am

🔨

The relatively short Ferrungar looks at the mage... not exactly with distain, but certainly a complet lack of being impressed, "All arcana is useful... I suppose.  If you insist upon learning elaborate control systems instead of basic manipulation of power."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:05 am

"Simply 'manipulating' power is of little interest to me." Zidulus coldly responded. "As for dinner, I'd very much like to join. I feel like we'll have plenty to talk about..." His tone seemed to have suggested something deeper.

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Yesterday at 5:22 am

Miloki's words got the gears working in Pran's head. All arcana was useful and Zidulus seemed interested in becoming more powerful. So if Pran helped the magus to get some good connections, like the Bastards, then he might get a potent ally for the future.

A finger on his chin while thinking out his words, Pran then first gestured to Zidulus and then to his own group while saying "Well, if 'simply manipulating power' isn't your thing, I had a thought. We are currently on a task for an influential local group. In case you are interested I am sure we could arrange a promising meeting for someone who helped us.".

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthLiviathan Yesterday at 5:46 am

After scratching his chin and looking at the adventurers, Zidulus had come to his conclusion. "Perhaps some new friends is just what I needed. I admit, it is better than just wandering aimlessly." He nodded his head once more and smiled to the group. "Keep true to your word, and I suspect to have our beneficial friendship last for a good while."

DarthLiviathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Yesterday at 5:30 pm

"In that case, welcome aboard Saer Zidulus. I am Herod of Scauldawn, Oathsworn to Veyek Verkaleon, whom I serve as a Wandering Vigil."

After Miloki had introduced herself to the arcanist as well and the group had explained their task, the five headed down into Agaleth's sewers.

~~-~~

After having climbed down the iron ladder into the cold and damp sewers beneath, which stank of the putrid sewage water full of piss and feces, the five adventurers followed the directions given to them by Karlog Vespen and soon found themselves in the large junction area where the meeting was supposed to take place. There was a large pool of sewage water in the middle of the junction area and it seemed that a small island of filth and waste had accumulated in one corner of the pool, appearing almost like the back or the head of some rather sizeable submerged crocodilian sticking out of the water.

[Roll Spot and Listen.]

Last edited by Karbrae on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Yesterday at 7:55 pm

When they arrived at the ladder down into the sewers and Pran got the first whiff of the stench they would be walking through, he retched, coughed and held his nose closed with one hand. "By the gods, they meant an actual sewer. Who in his right mind would voluntarily go down there?" did he ask, fighting a loosing battle to keep the contents of his stomach.
After taking a couple steps away to not vomit in front of everyone and take a couple breaths of fresh air, Pran returned with a scarf over his mouth and nose. He then continued with the others down, occasionally complaining how he will never be able to get rid of the stench.

----
Rolls:
1. Spot +8
2. Listen +8
3. Fortitude save +1

Last edited by Drome on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content