The Wendigo Figurine

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:51 pm



"I understand the necessity for proper preparations, but to wrap things up on my end, here are the details on when and where. The meeting is tonight." The dero answered and puffed out another cloud of smoke. "I guess the reason is for the New Year's Eve festivity crowds to allow Demerek an easy getaway, in case the transaction goes awry... There is a surface shaft behind The Solemn Scribe cornerclub on Urglam's Row. Take two right turns and then a left after entering the sewer and you will find the large junction area where the meeting is supposed to take place. Saer Larcan here will accompany you."





"Herod will suffice." the stoic plate-armored man with the black beard, mohawk and shaven sides, responded with a slight nod to the others around the table. "I am a veteran armsman and a Vigil of Veyek."


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Pran was slightly estranged by the, for him random, comment from Zan about his gender, but at least how to refer to him in whatever form he took was cleared up. "... Sure Zan." did Pran answer after a moment to confirm while holding off on deciding at the moment how to refer to him, before the two began to talk about magical things.

With the answer about the location and time oft the deal, Pran thanked the dero "Thank you for your time. And please give the Bastards my thanks for giving us this chance, we will give our best to not disappoint you.". As Herod introduced himself, Pran poured himself some more wine into his glass and held out the bottle in a gesture offering to pour him some too. "A veteran armsman? I am assuming we can count on you as a capable fighter as well.".

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 am



The slightly gloomy Argrindaran armsman politely declined the wine with a strained smile and a wave of his gauntet. "No thanks, Saer Pran. I've recently stopped. And yes, I can handle myself quite well in a battle... Unless I'm drunk... Hah!" He clapped the rogue on the shoulder in his odd attempt at being jovial.



"Ahem. Alright then, meet me back here tonight when you have the Figurine. If I'm not here, hand it over to Kaela Rethensyl. She's the black-haired krimir over there by the fireplace with the large mastiff. If I can't be here later tonight, I'll make sure she is. A pleasure to do business and good luck on your assignment. I will take my leave on you now, unless you have any more questions of course..."


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 am

    🔨

The Ferrungar nods to the armsman, "Greetings, Herod; I am Miloki and I have brewed some potions to help: disguise self, expeditious retreat, fist of stone, feather fall and cure light wounds.  Would you like to carry one of each against possible need during this mission?"

Wiz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

A grin formed on Pran's lips and he became aware of the slight buzz the wine had given him. He pointed with his free hand to the veteran and then stoppered the wine bottle back up, "You know, I think you are right,
I better make sure I don't forget to handle my part. We can celebrate afterwards."
. For a moment did his eyes linger on the full glass before he heard their contact of the Bastards mention someone they can go to if he couldn't come to the meeting at the evening. Pran turned to look over to the fireplace and said "Meeting a lovely lady like that would have been reward enough for me." only to then shift his eyes to the dero and jokingly add "Not that I would decline a reward in coin form.".

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 pm



"That would be much appreciated, Saer Miloki. This heavy, clanky plate armor would make it difficult to make a swift getaway in case our mission goes awry. The retreat potion would help with that I reckon. And the disguise potion would help me look the part for when we lure them in. These potions will make our task much easier, Masaer. Thank you."   



"And coins you shall have. Coins of solid, precious gold from the shimmering veins 'neath the Kaldaskur and Kulmspar peaks. I have other matters to attend to now, so I shall take my leave. Be careful tonight. Demerek Helvinskerr is not a quarry to underestimate."

With those words of warning, the pipe-smoking half-dwarf in the thick fur cloak left the sturdy, candle-lit corner table on the first floor of the Boar and Wolf and vanished down the stairs, leaving the four adventurers to prepare for and tend to their task on their own.


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:04 pm

    🔨

Miloki nods, then a realization hits her, "Oh... I also have two scrolls of mage armor, if anyone wants to avoid bulky armor... or can't wear armor for the meeting. Regretfully, they only last an hour."

Wiz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 am

The soldier gave Karlog a nod as the dero bid his goodbye. With a gesture to the finely connected rings of his military chainshirt, Pran responded to Miloki "Thank you for the offer, but I have gotten used to the expertly craftmanship of Whelyrian smiths.".

Letting his eyes wander around the Bear and Wolf, Pran noticed two rather influential looking people. Unsure who he would have an easier chance to come into a conversation with, he took a coin from his purse and flipped it in the air once. With confidence after having decided, Pran took the bottle of wine and brought it to the bar, where he placed down the bottle and twelve silver daler.
Pretending not to notice the armored man at first he said to the barkeep "Thank you my good sir. Could you prepare another two bottles of sparrowsong wine for me this evening." only to then look over to the knightlord "It has been a wonderfully fruitful year for central Kaladan vineyards, hasn't it.". Putting a hand to his mouth for a moment he quickly acted as if he had made a mistake and corrected "Oh, please excuse me for not introducing myself. Pran Benos, wine lover and enthusiast of the musical arts." giving a slight bow to the knightlord.

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 am

"As you please Masaer." The barkeep responds with an appreciative head-nod and sweeps the gleaming dalers down into his hand behind the counter.



The Karavosi knightlord lifts his eyebrow skeptically at Pran's approach and takes a sip from his goblet before drily answering: "Lengref (noble title) Merekos Taeryl III. So to what do I owe the pleasure, Whelyrian? I doubt you approach me to discuss wine and music, and to speak plainly, such talk does not really interest me in the slightest..."


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:11 pm

The easy dismantling of Pran's pretense left him slightly blushed and speechless for a moment. After recuoerating he resolved to mentally throw out the act and responded with an apologetic bow "It seems I would need to apologize truly now, Lengref (assuming the title is adequate to address him by). To say it plainly, I am traveling to gather support for prince Corius's claim to the Whelyrian throne.". Pran continued "I of course don't expect the support out of nowhere. Would you have time during the new year's week to discuss the matter, I wouldn't dare to keep you from the festivities today?" trying to garner a meeting without disturbing today's plan to get the wendigo figurine.

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm

First dice roll

Diplomacy, -1

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm

The member 'Drome' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 18

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:30 pm



It would be obvious to anyone with a just a hint of a subtle mind that Pran's words had peaked the Knightlord's interest.

"I'm not much for celebrations in general to be honest, especially not when away from home. I'm here as a delegate of King Vorgilmar to seal some rather tiresome negotiations regarding a trade agreement renewal  with King Raethwyc's court. The matter has unfortunately drawn out longer than expected..."

Merekos slowly took another sip from his goblet while watching Pran with a calm and calculating gaze, allowing himself time for some careful considerations before continuing:

"The succession war in Whelyr is definitely more interesting to me than the meetings I am forced to attend at Castle Greyspire. How does Londay sound?"



Last edited by Karbrae on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Pran had to keep himself under control to not show his excitement and joy of actually securing a meeting on the first try. Concentrating his attention for the task at hand Pran tried to respond in a sympathic manner, partly betraying his inexperience "Drawn out negotiations just to renew an agreement. That must be tedious.".

"Luckily the fighting has been somewhat subdued so far, but there is no saying for how long. Londay would fit perfectly in my current shedule. Would you like to meet here or at some other place?" Pran responded to make sure he wouldn't miss the meeting by waiting at the wrong place.

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:02 am



"The Behir in Rauthaern's Heights around noon. Tell the innkeep Leuth Imbril your name and that you are there to meet me. Let me know now if you will be coming alone or with company, and if the latter is the case, whom you will be bringing and why..."

~~¨~~

In the far corner of the first floor of the Boar and Wolf where Miloki, Zan and Herod were still seated, a hooded Earth Genasi suddenly approached the table and addressed the three...



"Forgive my intrusion. My name is Vernon Marsk and I am looking for adventurers for hire."


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:03 am

    🔨

Miloki looks up as the genasi walks up to their table, "Good evening, sir.  I see... may I ask what are the parameters of your offer: how many adventurers, for what purpose, at what remuneration and so forth."  The Ferrungar smiles politely.


Last edited by Wiz on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wiz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:02 pm

"The Behir. I will be there." Pran responded and then looked thoughtful to the group he was part of. There was no telling how close he might get to them and what aid they could give to the cause. Patting the pouch at his belt that he put in the vials he had gotten from Miloki, there was a moment of hesitation before he decided. "I have a feeling that I found some great allies today, something that is hard to explain. Before I know how dedicated they are to my cause I can't say if they are willing to accompany me, but I would certainly ask them. Their various insights into the different areas of expertise might prove invaluable.".

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm



"How swell. Let me give you a little advice however. People without power and purpose are attracted to people with power and purpose like flies to horse manure, except such people-flies all have daggers they'll stick in your back at the first opportune moment to seize that power and purpose for themselves. Flies with knives, Saer Pran. Flies with knives... And to them, you are merely horse dung! So watch your back and let people prove themselves first, I mean really prove themselves, before you trust them completely! I would appreciate if you came alone, but if you do show up with an entourage, I will naturally have armsmen in the room as well, just as a balancing factor and safety measure..."

~~¨~~



"Just a small group like yours, provided you have the skill and courage to undertake such a task as I am about to present... I am a ranger of The Forest Wardens and I was sent here by the wise old druid Ethmir who leads a small community of students and guests in Mergal's Wood. Ethmir is known to take in misfits and outcasts, and when a young shaedrin (dark elf) exile came to his lodge, he took her in without hesitation. Now, one of the other guests of Ethmir, a half-orc named Yrngerth, recognized the shaedrin as a daughter of the shaedrin noble house she was once enslaved by, and has kidnapped the shaedrin and taken her here to Agaleth to sell off on the black market to the highest bidder. Ethmir sees the shaedrin's safety as his responsibility and will pay 20 Gold Scaens to anyone who can rescue her and bring her safely back to his lodge. What say you? Does such a proposition interest you?"


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 am

    🔨

Miloki nods to the genesai, "Perhaps, but we have a commission for tonight.  You should come see us here tomorrow evening in case we are free, or look elsewhere if time is extremely short."

Wiz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Noticeably taken aback by the Lengref's advice at first, Pran listened carefully to what the knightlord had to say. The mention of people clinging to someone with power only to take the power from themselves made Pran curious if it was just a selfabsorbed attitude or, what Pran rather guessed, that the Lengref was talking from harsh experiences. With an eye on the knightlord's gestures and facial features, Pran hoped to get a hint of his motives and made a mental note to attempt and find more info on Lengref Merekos Taeryl III before their meeting.

"I thank you for your advice and will have to think on it. Having them prove themselves before trusting them is a valuable step. In fact, I already have something planned for a preliminary test of trustworthyness until our meeting. So rest assured to bring any number of guards that are deemed neccessary," Pran said, gesturing to his group "these are the people I will ask to be at my side if they proved trustworthy, any that fail will be left behind."

(Sense Motive check +8, if Pran can pick up a hint from the gestures, mimic or tone if the knightlord is talking from bad experience or just looking down on people.)

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 pm

The member 'Drome' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 17

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:54 am



"Although the matter is rather urgent, I in no way expected you to deal with the task immediately, Masaer. I will be here tomorrow and we can discuss matters further. Thank you for your consideration, Masaer."

The plane-touched ranger bows courteously and takes his leave.

~~¨~~



[Sense Motive Result: It seems to Pran that the lengref is sincere in his advice and that he speaks from a mixture of the typical superiority complex exhibited by a wide array of  nobles and aristocrats, recognized and self-fashioned, and from personal bad experiences which have turned him rather bitter and cynical. That doesn't necessarily mean he is right though...]

Merekos glances in the direction of Pran's new companions and looks rather unimpressed.

"I see." He empties his goblet, places it firmly on the bar with a loud thud and wipes his mouth with the sleeve on a  part of his arm which isn't covered in cold, polished metal plate.

"I will see you on Londay at the Behir then, Saer Pran. I shall take my leave now. Thank you for the wine."

The Karavosi knight-lord casually wanders off, two of his armsmen which had been standing guard silently close by, following a few paces behind him.


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm

With his meeting secured Pran stayed at the bar for a moment to order his thoughts. Surely the allies he made could turn out to stab his back when they got the chance, he just didn't know them enough or much at all. He would have to really try and keep an eye on them to judge them adequately and not let his gut feeling lead him.

Realizing himself lost in thought at the bar without doing anything Pran gave a sheepish nod with an awkward smile to the barkeep and turned around to head back to his group. As he turned his eyes fell onto the drin lady and her entourage. Pran was not too keen to head into a new conversation with a noble this day, but the spark of an idea grew in his head with his hand slipping the flute from his sidepocket. With a grin sparking in the corners of his mouth Pran licked his lips before placing the flute at them and playing a lullaby Mialee's mother had taught him as he made calm steps across the room from the bar to his table. It was a lullaby she taught him to play for the children of the village to help them find sleep, with simple and repetitive tunes, but it was the only real drin song he knew.

When he reached the table he stopped and sat back down with the others, asking "So, we use your wonderful potions, Miloki, to disguise ourselves as the veiled ones and head to the meeting, or did you guys make a grand plan already?".

(Performance check with the masterwork flute +10. Might incur a negative modifier or just a different effect since it's a lullaby for children Smile )

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:22 pm

The member 'Drome' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 10

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:43 pm

    🔨

Miloki looks at Pran carefully, "What you've said seems like a reasonable plan... that is... unless in the middle of the meeting you wander off and start conversations with someone other than our target?"

Wiz

Posts : 23
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum