The Wendigo Figurine

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by dalaneth on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:16 pm


Zan looked at the creature before speaking up "I'm not really equiped for that."

dalaneth

Posts : 21
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:17 am

Breathing a sigh of releive when the monster slumped down into the filthy water as its legs buckled, Pran's feelings were slightly dampened for one of the limp tentacles hitting the water splashed his side with filth."Good we are not as unlucky then. Anyone injured?".

Regarding the others with a curious look at the thought of what they might find in the beast's stomach, he wrinkled his nose under the cloth partially blocking the stench at the prospect of maybe smelling something worse.
"Well, I do imagine we can spare a few minutes more.". With that said Pran wiped the creatures blood off the tip of his longspear, putting the weapon away and taking out his shortspear. Not the perfect tool for it, Pran still proceeded to cut into the side of the monster with the sharp bladed tip of his spear, both hands holding it close to the spearhead to better control where he cut.

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:03 pm



Pran cuts up the side of the monster and its stinking bowels fall out together with the half-decayed corpse of an unlucky adani adventurer. The corpse wears a valuable-looking bracelet . It is made out of strands of hemp, leather, copper, steel, mithral, and adamantine braided together. The braid has six stones inside of it (but still visible) evenly spaced around the bracelet. There is one stone each of agate, lapis lazuli, jade, ruby, turquoise, and granite. You also uncover his belt pouch containing 35 silver daler.

You obtain Unidentified Bracelet and 35 silver.


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by DarthLiviathan on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 am



Zidulus takes a glance around the sewers, then stares at the group. They seemed to be capable fighters. Suddenly this trip just got a bit more interesting. He slowly walks up to the group. "Do you think that was everything down here?" He asked them curiously.

DarthLiviathan

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:44 am





"Looks like it," Herod says, placing his sword across the pauldron on his right shoulder. "We should probably prepare for Demerek's arrival. He could show up any moment now..."

Hint: The plan was to disguise as Veiled Ones, so as not to alarm Demerek as soon as he sees you.

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:31 pm

There was no joy in seeing that the thing had actually swallowed a person and digested them, only hope that the guy was already dead when he got inside the thing. "Urgh. Sorry mate, I hope we can give you a proper rest." Pran mumbled, checking the corpse's pockets before taking his coin pouch and slipping the bracelet off the decayed wrist "That looks pretty distinctive.".
After taking a look at the bracelet and wiping some more mucus off the stones, Pran holds it out towards Miloki and Zidulus requesting them to identify it if possible "I sure hope that was everything lurking here. You two are the most capable at it, can you see if it has any magical qualities to it?".

When he heard the reminder from Herod, Pran readied his disguise potion, informing Zidulus "That is right, we were planning to disguise ourselves as the Voiled Ones, cloak and veil basically, with these potions.".
----
Pocketing the 35 silver dahler.
1. Rolling Appraise (+2) to guess how valuable the bracelet might be.


Last edited by Drome on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:31 pm

The member 'Drome' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 6

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by DarthLiviathan on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:03 pm



Zidulus takes a look at the bracelet in Pran's hand. "Quite the item. It certainly looks... strange."

Rolling Appraise (+3) to determine the item's worth, and casts Detect Magic on it.


Last edited by DarthLiviathan on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

DarthLiviathan

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:03 pm

The member 'DarthLiviathan' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 11

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:13 pm


[Zidulus' Detect Magic and Appraise: You sense an Abjuration enchantment on the bracelet of moderate power. It is difficult to determine exactly how valuable the bracelet is, but based on the gems and its magical aura, you guess that the bracelet is worth at least 1000 silver.]


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by dalaneth on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:43 pm


"Then shouldn't we get our hands on the disguises?"

dalaneth

Posts : 21
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 pm

"Let's see if we can figure out something more about the bracelet later." Pran said to Zidulus and slipped the bracelet around his own left wrist. On Zan's question Pran looked to her and then back to Zidulus "Yeah, I am not sure if we have another potion, but maybe you can put a hood up and something in front of your face like a veil and then we use the potions to look the same." holding the potion of disguise in his hand up.

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:59 am



"I only had two of those potions. Perhaps the rest of us can hide down one of the side tunnels... I suggest whoever is best at bluffing gets one of the potions to convince Demerek and his men, and draw them in close enough for a melee..."

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by DarthLiviathan on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 am



Zidulus strides toward Demerek with confidence in his step. Upon confronting the man, a smirk appears upon his face under the cloak. "Demerek," he says with an assured tone. "My master has some information regarding a potential threat...." alluding to his friends in wait. "If you'll follow me, we can discuss this without the threat of... unfriendly ears."

Bluff roll (+9)

DarthLiviathan

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:55 am

The member 'DarthLiviathan' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d20' : 19

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:58 am

Demerek Helvinskerr soon appeared ín the junction area in the sewer beneath Urglam's Row in Agaleth's Belthammer district, the tiefling bandit carrying himself with a confident gait towards Zidulus, a scimitar in each hand: one burning with a magical flame illuminating the area around him, the other with a purple glow and crackling purple electricity. The tiefling wore a wide-brimmed black hat with holes for his horns and a dark red headscarf to somewhat hide his demonic appearance, but the horns and his eyes revealed his otherworldly heritage to anyone who knew what a tiefling was: glowing yellow rings on dark eyeballs, just as Karlog Vespen had described.

He was accompanied by a male half-orc in dark grey robes with a gnarled wooden staff and a female shaedrin in a purple cloak and chainmail, the symbol of Zicana, the Maiden of Pain, around her neck, wielding a shield and a shaedrin scimitar.




"Of course Veiled One," Demerek replied with a deep and raspy voice and a nod, clearly falling for Zidulus' ruse, and following the disguised Daelkyr warlock down the side-tunnel, where the others were lying in ambush.

Success: Everyone except Zidulus gets a Surprise round on Demerek and his men.

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Drome on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Helping the others to hide themselves better while Zidulus lured Demerek into the trap, Pran gave a last glance at the others to confirm they couldn't be seen easily and readied his longspear himself.

When their targets came into the side-tunnel and into range Pran sprang from his hiding spot and shot the tip of his longspear towards Demerek's face like a viper, a grunted "Ha!" escaping his mouth at the thrust.

---
1. Initiative -2
2. Attack roll +6
3. Damage roll +4
4. Sneak attack damage

Drome

Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

The member 'Drome' has done the following action : Dices roll


#1 '1d20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 '1d20' : 8

--------------------------------

#3 '1d8' : 7

--------------------------------

#4 '1d6' : 5, 1

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm



Herod attacks Demerek.

Initiative (+4), Attack (+5) and Damage (1d8+3):


Last edited by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:58 pm

The member 'Karbrae' has done the following action : Dices roll


#1 '1d20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 '1d20' : 7

--------------------------------

#3 '1d8' : 2

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 pm


Zan lunges out from the darkness in an attack on the shaedrin cleric, attempting a jump kick enhanced with her mountain hammer technique (+2d6 damage and ignore DR)

Initiative +2
to hit +10
damage 1d4+5 +2d6


Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 pm

The member 'Karbrae' has done the following action : Dices roll


#1 '1d20' : 18

--------------------------------

#2 '1d20' : 11

--------------------------------

#3 '1d4' : 2

--------------------------------

#4 '1d6' : 4, 3

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 pm



Miloki shoots her crossbow at the half-orc necromancer.

Init +0
Attack +5
Damage 2d6

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:41 pm

The member 'Karbrae' has done the following action : Dices roll


#1 '1d20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 '1d20' : 1

--------------------------------

#3 '1d6' : 5, 3

Karbrae
Admin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2018-06-01

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by DarthLiviathan on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 pm



Zidulus prepares himself, keeping his dagger at the ready in case he needs it...

Initiative: +2

DarthLiviathan

Posts : 19
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum