The Wendigo Figurine

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Karbrae on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:45 am

The Wendigo Figurine

Osday, 32nd of Draath, 266 DY (Dawnbringer's Year), 717 OR (Olyrian Reckoning)

In Agaleth, the capital of Argrindar, New Year's Eve festivities are underway, here on the last day of the year.

At The Boar and Wolf Inn, a busy inn in the crime-ridden Belthammer borough, a group of adventurers are gathered around a table in the corner of the first floor of the establishment, listening to a man named Karlog Vespen, a dero (half-dhouvarr/half-human) representing the prominent bounty hunter guild known as The Bastards of Bhelskar.

"If you succeed at this job, it will not only earn you 25 Gold Scaens, but also a good relation with us Bastards, and I guarantee you, that'll prove to be much more worth to aspiring adventurers such as yourselves in the future than the coin. Once you have proven yourselves in our eyes, you'll soon be eligeble for such work all over Old Alberia..."

The job seemed quite straight-forward. A bandit (and former Bastard) named Demerek Helvinskerr, was hiding with his outfit in a run down house in northern Belthammer, with a crate stolen from a friend of the Bastards, a crate containing a quite powerful telthyr (magical item) - a wendigo figurine allowing its wielder to summon one of those nightmarish creatures to do his bidding. Demerek was going to trade it off to The Veil of Vishana, one of (if not the) deadliest criminal organizations in the land. The job was simple, the adventurers were supposed to meet with Demerek in the sewers beneath Urglam's Row here in Belthammer, pretending to be Veiled Ones, kill the outlaws and retrieve the telthyr.

Karbrae
Admin

View user profile http://verenne.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wendigo Figurine

Post by Wiz on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm

🔨

The Ferrungar with the metal hand looks around at the others at the table.  She nods, "Well, if we are to work together, I suppose we should get to know each other, and our abilities.  I am an artificer and skilled with identifying and using telthyr, my name is Miloki."  Unlike most Ferrungar, she is much slimmer and probably is only about six-and-a-half feet tall.

Last edited by Wiz on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Leaned against the back of his seat, Pran poured himself another glass of wine as he glanced around. "That is truly intriguing, I haven't had much experience with telthyrs. Your knowledge should prove invaluable in this matter then." Pran responded before extending his hand for a handshake "You may call me Pran. I am rather adept at noticing things other people miss and a rather good fighter.".

Turning to their representative from The Bastards of Bhelskar he asked "Do we have any details on the Veiled Ones that might help us pretend to be them if we are doubted? Any additional information on Demerek could prove helpeful as well. Does he have any habits or traits that we can identify him by or maybe use to our advantage?".

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:30 pm

"Demerek Helvinskerr is a tiefling. Has ruddish-black skin and backwards-pointing horns and his eyes are as glowing yellow rings on eyeballs as dark as our are milky. He fights with a pair of magical scimitars, one flaming, the other infused with chaos energy, and he usually wears a wide-brimmed black hat and a headscarf to hide his demonic appearance. He is known to be cunning and extremely self-confident. Perhaps you can turn that to your advantage."

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Zan listened for a while before speaking up themselves "I know how to use my ki to better provide power in my attacks, I also have the ability to change how I look." to demonstrate the changeling shaped to their female shape

"Like this. Though I won't be using it to sneak in anywhere."

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:21 am

🔨

Miloki looks thoughtful, "I have brewed some potions to help us out in various portions of our tasks."  She takes out ten vials and places them on the table.  "I have potions of disguise self, expeditious retreat, fist of stone, feather fall, and cure light wounds."  The artificer glances at the shapeshifter who has yet to mention its name, "I will give you two of the cure potions, since you won't need a potion to disguise yourself."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 am

"I'm Zan by the way, sorry for the late introduction." the changeling said suddenly recalling to give its name, it'd thought more about what might be useful for the job than pleasantries.

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:04 am

🔨

Miloki smiles, "A pleasure to meet you, Zan."  The artificer looks at the vial of disguise and purses her lips,  "I could give you the potion of disguise, if you think it might be useful to change your clothing as well."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 am

With a nod Pran thanked the dero for his additional information "Thank you Karlog. Maybe we will be able to use his confidence against him. The great description will assure we know when we got the right man.".

With the demonstration of changing his form to a her, Zan had gained the attention of Pran, but instead of immediately responding the soldier used the different vials the other woman laid out to delay his response and keep his calm. Picking up one of the potions Pran examined it against the light, saying "Those will certainly be an asset in a variety of situations. Did you say you made them yourself? And here I was unable to find a merchant for those things in the short time I have been here." with a smile, trying to overplay how recently he came to the town.

As he then turned to Zen he looked at her curiously, running a finger along the rim of his glass "That is a remarkable ability. Being able to look like anyone would be making many tasks easier I assume.". Lifting his hand up slightly he gestured with it by flipping it from the palm down to the palm up when he asked "So is it Zan and Zan or Zan for her and another name for him?", already trying to differentiate between the two forms.

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:50 am

While Zan answers Pran's inquiry, Karlog ignites the charred cotton in his pipe with flint and steel to quickly get it going and puffs a few times before blowing out an aromatic cloud of smoke, layering itself above the candle-lit wooden table in the corner of The Boar and Wolf's first floor seating area, where him and the adventurers were seated.

"The Veiled Ones never show their faces. They always wear veils 'neath their cowls with holes only for their eyes. Demerek and the Veiled Ones would likely also use some agreed upon pass-phrase to properly identify each other, but we haven't obtained such, and you won't really need it, since you are supposed to kill Demerek and his gang either way. You only need enough of a ruse to lure them close enough that they can't escape..."

Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:33 pm

"I'm Zan. That doesn't change just because I look like someone else, and I won't be making myself look like anyone else." The changeling looked annoyed when Pran mentioned the usefulness of being able to look like others but decided not to say anything more.

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:02 pm

🔨

Miloki looks at Zan curiously, "Is that a personal code or ban revolving around your specific abilities, or could you change appearance to someone else if you used the potion?"  The artificer glances at their host,  "So, I assume we have the specific time and place of the meeting?"

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:38 pm

"Personnal, most of my people don't even realize that they don't have to let themselves be defined by their ability to disguise themselves. Criminals or spies that is what almost all my people
live by. I want to show that while we may be defined by our ability to shapeshift it doesn't have to mean we only use it to become someone else.
" The changeling's words were filled with both anger and exasperation, showing just how much it cared about the topic.

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm

"So It's not an asset ..." Pran began before stopping himself to drink his wine. He had no itentions to draw the woman's ... man's... Zan's anger upon himself. Instead he emptied the whole glass into his mouth and after swallowing said "When and where, good questions. Important questions. I like it.", slightly overwhelmed by the quick amount of alcohol. Pran then pointer at the potions in front of him, asking "So, which one was the disguisey one? The green one?".

Drome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:20 pm

🔨

Miloki nods, "I get it... so, could you change appearance to someone else if you used the potion?"  The not-so-giant giantess nods to Pran,  "Yes, the green one is disguise self."  She points to and enumerates the other four potions again as well.

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

"I could, but I won't. The only way I'll be in any kind of disguise will be a nonmagical one." She noticed the look of the human, Zan had seen it before. "Just refer to me as whatever gender I look like, makes it easier to remember. Though I don't really care which you refer to me as, I can be a guy whilst looking like this if I want."

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 pm

🔨

Miloki frowns but nods, "Right... note to self... don't make the changeling clothes that morph."  The artificer puts her artificial arm on the table, hand flat, "So... are we all in agreement as to what we are willing to do with this mission? Are there any other personal codes we need to take into account before planning to kill a convicted criminal and his cohorts?"

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 pm

"Actually I'd appreciate such a set of clothes, I guess I overstated what I meant. Such a set of clothes I'd be okay with since it'd just hasten something I could do without my powers. Besides, it would be nice being less constricted by clothes as to how I decide to look."

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:43 pm

🔨

Miloki shrugs, "Okay... shouldn't be too complicated.  I've read of a schema created by your people, I should be able to emulate the necessary factors to make it work.  We'll see what our free time and pay will allow once we've done the mission."  The arm seems to be tracing out non-random lines and squiggles on the tabletop, as if drawing some kind of design.  The artificer doesn't even seem to notice it as she swaps out another blue potion of cure light wounds for the green one she had previously set out before Zan.

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

"Thank you." The changeling sits still for a bit before taking of it's necklace hand holding it towards the giantess. "Do you know what this is? I was hoping you'd be able to improve on it."

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:51 pm

🔨

The arm extends, holding palm up as if to recieve the necklace even before the Artificer seems aware of Zan's question.  Miloki pauses a moment, looking at the arm annoyed, "Yes, I can attempt to identify it for you, if you put it in my hand."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Zan places the necklace in her hand "your arm is... disobedient?"

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:27 pm

🔨

The hand takes the amulet and begins caressing it slowly between thumb and fingers... the caressing at one point almost becomes sensual.  Miloki's skin darkens slightly... perhaps blushing?  She shrugs, "Since I have made it my item familiar it has grown... a bit more willful."  She seems to be concentrating despite the hand's performance and nods.  "It is a necklace of natural weapons... it will convey a slight bonus on your ability to hit and damage others with your natural weapons... it would convey it's magic in the attack so that creatures who could resist normal damage, but not magic weapons would take the full measure of the damage you are dealing."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:44 pm

at her statement "I knew as much from master, could you improve it?"

Last edited by dalaneth on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

dalaneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiz on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:48 pm

🔨

Miloki looks thoughtful, "That might be possible eventually, a somewhat more expensive proposition than the clothes. Although I can also attempt to temporarily infuse extensions to it's ability prior to a combat, given purchase of certain ointments or time to alchemically make them myself."

Wiz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum